Although I consider each opportunity I get on my mat to share this practice as a special moment, there are a few times that particularly stand out.
The Big What Music Festival
- In 2016 & 2017 I had the amazing opportunity to teach yoga at the Big What festival. I am so grateful I was able to lead festival-goers through a practice.
FOX 8 News Interview
- In January 2016 I was interviewed by FOX8 Reporter Shelley Roupas on the evening news talking about chair yoga and its benefits. This was a wonderful opportunity for me that allowed me to step out of my comfort zone and share yoga with a wider audience.
Summer Solstice Celebration
- In 2016 and 2017 I was given an amazing opportunity to host a summer solstice event in my hometown of Thomasville. We had an outdoor practice of 108 sun salutations. It was, to my knowledge, the first yoga event in downtown Thomasville.
Brenner FIT (Families in Training)
- Put on by Wake Forest Baptist Health, Brenner Fit is "for families with a concern about a child’s weight and health. Founded on the principles of behavior change and family-centered care, Brenner FIT aims to help families in North Carolina and beyond make lasting lifestyle changes." I've had the pleasure of working with this group several times.
Celebrate the TaTas Tournament of Champions
- In May of 2015, I got to join other Yoga Mindset instructors and led yoga classes to the athletes and participants of the Celebrate the TaTas soccer tournament. This was a fabulous time and I was so grateful at the eagerness the players had to learn something new.
Bernaste: Yoga in the Park
- In May of 2016 I had the honor of sharing in two things I'm passionate about- yoga & activism. This was an outdoor fundraising event I'm grateful to have been a part of.
Senior Citizen's Yoga
- I had the greatest pleasure in attending a meeting of the Davidson County Senior Citizens and leading them through a chair yoga class. This hopefully will be a program that we continue in the future.